1) To register, access your LYAA account OR click Register in the upper-right corner of the page. Take a few minutes to create an LYAA account and add your kids as participants (providing information such as date of birth, etc.). Also to note, if you ever want to volunteer to coach, you will also need to add yourself as a participant in your account.
2) After your kids are added to your account, you should see any available sports programs for them. Click on the desired sports and continue through the registration answering all questions and accepting waivers as required.
IMPORTANT: If we find out that you have falsified your child's birthdate to be able to play in a different division that is correct for his age or grade, your child will not be eligible to play in our league at all for the current season.
3) You are not officially registered until you have completed checkout and received an email receipt of the transaction - putting the registration in your cart does not register your child for the season. We encourage you to sign up early - this gives us a better idea of how many teams we will have and how many coaches we need for each sport prior to the registration close date.
4) You can change the amount you pay at checkout, leaving an open balance, then access your account at a later time and pay the balance before the season starts.
Note: Sports Connect, our host registration system, charges a $3.00 credit/debit card transaction fee. This is per transaction, not per player, and will not be refunded in case of cancellation or decision not to play.
5) You can select to pay by Check, which allows you to officially complete the registration and either a) mail a check to our PO Box 5146, Mooresville, NC 28117 or b) access your account at a later time and pay the balance before the season starts.
6) You can include additional comments in the registration form for us to consider prior to the season (for example, medical issues, special circumstances, etc.). However, we do not promise to honor requests to play with friends, to have a specific coach, to practice on specific nights, or to have games at specific times.
7) We do not know practice or game schedules until after registration is closed and we know how many teams we have and until we work with other local sports leagues to make the game schedule. We will send the info out as soon as we have it and post it on the website and Facebook group page.